Guide: 5=Perfect; 3=Good; 1=Poor
Pros: What do you like about your 2010 Kia Forte?
Comfortable, roomy, great gas economy.
I have a sedan with sunroof, cruise, bluetooth - I liked the features for the price.
As a woman buyer, I was impressed with salesperson who wasn't pushy - but, when I had what I felt was a warranty issue and wanted to speak with the salesperson who sold me the car - he no longer worked there which was very disappointing and 'not confidence inspiring'. I have received courteous, timely service from the Service Department. Not always the results I'd like but very personable, courteous, and friendly staff in Sherwood Park, AB.
Cons: How would you improve your 2010 Kia Forte?
1) I'm not impressed with the way my KIA Forte handles on ice. Spoke to dealership was told to get Winter Tires! New Car in Alberta - "All Season Tires" should mean all-season tires and shouldn't require replacing in the first month of ownership!
2) Sound quality of bluetooth is poor; radio was replaced to try to improve the quality - some improvement! I've never had this feature before so it is nice but I would use it more if the sound quality were better.
3) Feature whereby volume of radio increases or decreases with acceleration / deceleration is a joke! I have driven other cars with this feature and it was great. With the Forte, it is hard to tell the car has the feature. Service Dept says - that's as good as it gets with the Forte.
4) Cruise control - only good for acceleration. Don't rely on it when you are going downhill; it accelerates and you have to use your brake (if you want to avoid a speeding ticket - speaking from experience!).
5) Remote start - I requested a remote start from the Dealership. Not available. Gave me two possible contacts.... Not impressed.
2010 Kia Forte Review:
In general I like the car; I especially liked it before the snow and ice hit - now I am having to look at a big bill to get snow tires and I think that is a rip off when you have just purchased a new car (I would have been better off to have purchased it with snow tires since "all-season" tires apparently mean "summer" tires!).
Other than the tires issue, the other complaints I have are minor and 'you get what you pay for' so perhaps my expectations were too high - coming from a full size, North American car to the KIA.
Rate this review: