Guide: 5=Perfect; 3=Good; 1=Poor
Pros: What do you like about your 2006 Chrysler Town & Country?
Van has lots of room and features that are nice.
Fold down seats are nice.
The automatic sliding closing doors are very nice feature.
Has nice ride and is quiet.
Cons: How would you improve your 2006 Chrysler Town & Country?
This Limited 2006 Town and Country has a lot of problems that any buyer needs to know about.
1. To start, the mileage is REAL BAD. I mean REAL REAL bad. We currently are getting around 14.5 MPG for city driving with the 3.8. That is a deal breaker for most.
2. You may think that the seats are real leather on the Limited, but the leather is FAKE plastic leather. If you want the real leather you need to get a Honda EX-L or some other van. These OEM fake leather seats SUCK and look cheap. And you are basically paying for leather with the high price they charge on a used car! Use this fact as a big bargaining chip! Real leather installation would cost $3000+ for all the seats in this car.
3. When you fold the seats down, the metal fasteners are exposed on the floor and will KILL your feet or knees if you stand or kneel on them. We put plywood on the floor for trips. This is another bad design.
4. The electrical system on the Limited is a total nightmare. Many times we go out to start the car and it won't start due to electrical lighting issues and shorts. This is another deal breaker.
5. We have the automatic headlights on our van. They have a LOT of issues coming on and off. Very buggy.
6. The center console is way to small and has no cup holders. Basically it takes up a lot of space. Many just take it out.
7. With all the bells and whistles on this Limited edition, there is no jack for a iPod. This is crazy.
8. We now have window seal noise issues on the passenger window after the dealer replaced the window motor.
9. The door locks suck. If you have standard slave keys for others, they can only unlock the car doors from the driver side door, since it has the only key lock. You need the full remote control on the Limited edition to unlock doors without going to the driver side. This is a pain, since our kids have just standard slave chipped keys on their key chains, not the HUGE remote key.
10. Chrysler dealers TOTALLY suck. The last time we took the car in they scratched the fender badly parking it. They did a very very poor job fixing it with heavy touch up paint and zero prep. Did not even go into their body shop for proper paint and sanding/fill. Do you think Honda, Toyota, Lexus, or Mercedes would do a half ass job repairing a car they damaged? Having to deal with these greedy, self serving, crooks is another deal breaker!
2006 Chrysler Town & Country Review:
All I can say is stay away from this car. It looks nice but the car and dealer both have huge issues. You are better off with a Honda or Toyota. They are a few thousand more, but worth every penny in the long run on a used car.
Rate this review: