Guide: 5=Perfect; 3=Good; 1=Poor
Pros: What do you like about your 2011 Ford Flex?
1. I love the wider view of the headlights because they greatly improve my night vision. I can see off to the sides and therefore can see where to make a turn.
2. I love that the cargo area is flat and huge when 2nd and 3rd row seats are down. Easily fits two 80# dogs, one 55# dog and one adult in back.
3. I love the rear view camera. I hadn't thought I wanted it but I am so glad I have it. Extra perks-it's wide view lets you see objects to the side that are not (yet) directly behind you and it totally lights up the view when backing up at night.
4. Good pick up with eco-boost, almost as good as previous V-8 for fast pull into traffic.
5. Windows large enough for good vision. Note: Windows major reason I purchased Ford Flex instead of Ford SUV. Previously owned and liked my 4 previous Eddie Bauer/Explorer/Mountaineer models. Could not tolerate SUV change to smaller, limited vision, windows. SUV window glass started at neck level, definitely not comfortable for a short person.
5. Premium sound system excellent.
Cons: How would you improve your 2011 Ford Flex?
1. I would have larger front console by moving shifter to steering wheel.
2. I would have the cargo area made of a material that is not a dog hair magnet.
3. I would have 2nd row seats fold down all the way to back of front row seats so dogs don't fall down to floor (I had this feature on an early Explorer -maybe it doesn't work with 3rd row seats?)
4. Don't like 2nd row bucket seats (purchased used vehicle) because dogs fall down hole in the middle between seats, because can't find canvas cover that fits this configuration (re: con #2) and because it's easier to load things in a rectangle space than an odd shaped space. Had to build custom insert to be able to set down large dog bed behind driver.
5. I would have a cup holder (please Ford!) that can accommodate varying size cups.
6. Mileage not great when towing trailer.
7. Cannot tow heavier trailer with slide out.
8. Easier, more understandable and intuitive voice and touch commands Too much to learn and remember and, worse yet, too much to read while driving.
9. Cannot access many commands while driving. I get it but here's a great idea (not mine). How about a touch screen that could also pull out on an arm and lock-in facing the passenger for a "passenger only control mode". This would enable more functions to be available but more importantly, for safety, would allow the passenger to learn and operate the system, while the driver who could not see the screen in this mode, would not be able to assist or teach or do anything except watch the road (or switch back to regular dash mode).
10. Offer a medium color golden tan or taupe on seats and dash to lighten up the interior (needs to be darker than what's available to show less dirt -I've heard gold is the best color for that). I like black but am so tired of it. How many women do you think choose dark gray as a favorite color? Also, for women who don't look good in black or gray (yes, it matters, check with any interior decorator), tan or taupe is a good choice.
2011 Ford Flex Review:
I love my Flex! It's . . .
GREAT for a person who has problems with night vision.
GREAT for person who travels with dogs or hauls a lot.
GREAT for comfort.
GREAT style & color (Marine Blue).
GREAT in bad weather (AWD)
GREAT for peace of mind (0 problems).
Rate this review: